Sunday, March 14, 2010

Barbarism of the Burberry Bag

If not barbarism what else was it ? She was lured to the chocolate colored check pattern bag like iron to a magnet , bees to the honey , me to an Apple store .But all these attractions result in some constructive results. The bees make honey , I feel a direct connection with Steve Jobs when I go to the Apple store .The touch and feel of the gadgets is a constant education process for me .And no one comes out hurt , neither me nor my credit card .


Among a thousand and thousand of purses kept in Nordstrom , there is only one she liked in all the store . Kept on the topmost shelf in Nordstrom , with the yellow light making it more prominent, She asked me ''Can you bring that purse down , let me see it ''. I like a law abiding husband agreed to this trivial request

.For me the difference from one purse to the other is a big Zero . The difference for her is a completely opposite figure ''Infinite''. So after a search which lasted maybe just about 85 min ,she picked it and declared to me ''this is the one''. I heaved a sigh of relief , finally the torture was over and we could go and grab a bite . My relief only lasted till the time we took to find out where the price tag was located .The price tag was snugged inside comfortably in the layers of the purse. My heart just skipped a beat seeing the numerical digits on the price tag. It was enough to buy a more than a decent laptop.Why don't they put the figures in bold and place it next to the bag . So when one sees the purse , the eyes also can eyeball those three digit figures. No they will never do that .

She said twisting her face to the other side '' OK leave it , it is too expensive'' . '' Think quick , do I say OK, or no honey take it , I can buy this for you '' I thought to myself. 'What if this is a trick statement to test me. I better tread this path carefully ''. ' Why don't you buy it , not buying will be waste of all your efforts ''. I said with a slight shake in my voice.''OK , this can be your gift on my birthday '' she said happily and walked towards the check out counter. '' Bamboozled I was , her birthday was not in another 6 months . With a smile on my lips , and trembling hands I opened my humble ten dollar wallet, to buy the Burberry Purse . I just hope she is happy and also that it lasts for at least ten years .

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha! Entertaining like a David Dhawan script. Truelike a Satyajit Ray frame. I laughed. I cried. Then I laughed again. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Rahul! Welcome to the blogging world. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sweety,

    very cute...all husbands feel the same!
    They always cry...IGNORE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there rhshriva1 information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete